Next Year 2018-2019 Kindergarten Registration
- If you are registering a Kindergartener for the current school year (2017-2018), click here!
- Children entering kindergarten for the 2018-2019 school year must be 5 years old on or before January 1, 2019
- A district-wide Kindergarten informational session will be held for all parents on January 11th at 9:30 am at East School (Snow/delay date: January 12th)
- Give a copy of our Pre-School Data Sheet to your student's present preschool to complete and return to NCPS
- Please complete the registration process by March 1st, Kindergarten Orientation will begin late March for registered students
To officially register your student(s) to NCPS:
Step 1: Pre-Register your student online
- Click on the pre-registration button below to register your student
Step 2: Collect and provided the following documents
- Birth Certificate - original if possible. will be scanned and returned
- Two Utility Bills - if you recently moved to New Canaan, you have a 60-day grace period to provide utility bills
- You will have the opportunity to schedule a document drop-off appointment after submitting your online registration form.
Step 3: Student Medical Requirements to officially attend school
- CT State Health Form - An updated CT State Health Form is required for your child to officially start kindergarten signed and stamped by a physician. This form must be within one year prior to the student starting school by a physician licensed to practice in the United States. Download here if needed
- NOTE: We understand that insurance impacts when you can schedule an appointment and ask that you prepare for this requirement at your earliest convenience. Doctor's appointments quickly fill up as we near the start of school
- Registration information and reminders will be emailed from email@example.com. To ensure our emails are not redirected to SPAM, we encourage you to add our email to your contacts.
- Do not complete an online form for a student currently attending New Canaan Public Schools.