NCHS English Department - Ms. Katherine Munson
This is the true joy in life,
being used for a purpose recognized by yourself as a mighty one.
Being a force of nature instead of a feverish, selfish little clod of ailments and grievances,
complaining that the world will not devote itself to making you happy.
I am of the opinion that my life belongs to the whole community and as long as I live,
it is my privilege to do for it what I can.
I want to be thoroughly used up when I die,
for the harder I work, the more I live.
I rejoice in life for its own sake.
Life is no brief candle to me.
It is a sort of splendid torch which I have got hold of for the moment
and I want to make it burn as brightly as possible before handing it on to future generations."
- George Bernard Shaw
Katherine Munson, NCHS English Department & Head Swim Coach
Katherine MunsonRoom 224Schedule/Courses
Office/Conference Hours for Semester 1I am available to meet in the English department during periods 2, 3, and 6 or the library during period 1.
- Period 1 - Library Duty (Semester 1)
- Period 3 - Freshman English (Full Year)
- Period 5 - Senior English - Creative Writing (Semester 1)
- Period 7 - AP Language and Composition (Full Year)
- Period 8 - Junior American Literature (Full Year)
- Period TBD - Senior English - Sports and Literature (Semester 2)
- Period TBD - Writing Center (Semester 2)