About NCPS Food Services
The New Canaan Public Schools Department of Food and Nutrition Services is proud to be a leader in the healthy food and nutrition movement. To prepare the daily lunch menu, we maintain the highest standard in staff training, ingredient selection and meal preparation. Our commitment to fresh, local, sustainable and organic products, whenever possible, is ongoing.
- All vegetables are fresh or frozen, never canned (except tomatoes and olives).
- All fruits are fresh.
- Our meats, poultry and fish are fresh.
- All food is prepared daily on-site at each school.
- All entrées exceed the nutritional standards set by the USDA for Child Nutrition Programs.
- All recipes have been developed in-house and analyzed for nutrient content.
Although the New Canaan Public Schools does not participate in the National School Lunch Program*, we are mindful of maintaining, at the minimum, the recommendations of the most recent Dietary Guidelines for Americans:
- Eat a variety of foods;
- Choose a diet with plenty of whole grain products, vegetables and fruits;
- Choose a diet moderate in sugars and salt;
- Choose a diet with 30% or less of calories from fat and less than 10% of calories from saturated fat.
- Lunches provide, on average for each school week, at least 1/3 of the daily Recommended Dietary Allowances for protein, iron, calcium, and vitamins A and C.
Our integrative approach to nutrition, which extends beyond the USDA standards, encompasses nutrition theories from a variety of cultures to provide the widest range of healthy options to our students.
Our goal is to use school nutrition to educate, inform and delight students, parents, teachers and administrators. While our first priority is to provide healthy and delicious school lunch at a fair price, I am happy to provide information about emerging nutrition philosophies, share recipes and incorporate cultural food traditions relevant to our curriculum.
With your feedback in mind, we continue to improve our menus, systems and processes.
Contact Michelle Santelli, Director of Food Services, at (203) 594-4668, email@example.com, or Kathy Crochetiere, Director of Food Service's Secretary, at (203) 594-4668, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your support.
You may add funds to your child's account via MyPaymentsPlus, an online payment system through which you can use a debit or credit card. Remember, a convenience fee of $2.50 will appear on your credit card or bank statement. This fee will be charged no matter the amount of the deposit and will be assessed for each transaction.You can pay via check or money order. You can do this through the mail by sending payment to:New Canaan Public SchoolsFood Service Department11 Farm RoadNew Canaan, CT 06840Or, you can bring the payment directly to the Food Service Office, at New Canaan High School or to the cafeteria at your school. We will accept cash, but we ask you do not do this via mail, but rather in person at each location.If you have any questions, regarding a payment, please don't hesitate to call the Food Service Office at 203-594-4668.
You can view your child's daily purchases in their school cafeteria or by logging onto MyPaymentPlus.Directions:
MyPaymentsPlus now has an App for iPads and iPhones. The app allows you to login on your mobile device with your existing username and password, check account balances, review purchase history, and make payments.
- Visit MyPaymentPlus
- Login with your username and password
- Click on the tab "View History" on the upper left column
- Click "Purchase History" to view a detailed listing of all transactions by day by student
- View a different family member's transaction detail by selecting "Student" on your account followed by "View"