2019-2020 Board of Education Budget Quick Notes
February 6, 2018
Board of Finance / Budget Meeting / Town Hall
The Board of Education’s 2018-2019 proposed operating and capital budget was presented before the Board of Finance at the Town Hall.
Before an audience that included the BOE chair and other BOE members, NCPS Cabinet, all five school principals, many school administrators, and several members of the Town Council, Superintendent Dr. Bryan Luizzi delivered a comprehensive explanation of the BOE's proposed operating budget in an over-two-hour presentation. He was joined by Director of Finance and Operations, Dr. Jo-Ann Keating, in an explanation of the BOE's capital budget.
After going through an extensive list of district successes that included impressive accomplishments in athletics, the arts, and, in particular, academics which placed New Canaan in the top if its reference group in a majority of the categories, Dr. Luizzi detailed spending and economic comparisons that also placed NCPS as one of the most prudent and practical as well.
Some discussion items included special education costs, kindergarten enrollment, and ten-year budget trends and totals.
The BOF was asked to submit any further questions to the BOE for review prior to the next budget discussion with the BOE, which takes place at 7 p.m. on Tuesday, Feb. 26, at Town Hall.
January 22, 2019
BOE Meeting, NCHS
- The Board of Education unanimously approved the Superintendent's Proposed 2019-2020 Budget.
- The BOE’s Proposed 2019-2020 of $91,584,688 represents a 2.03% increase.
- The BOE’s 2019-2020 Non-Benefits Accounts Budget represents a 1.9% increase to the 2019 projected Budget.
- The BOE’s 2019-2020 Benefits Accounts Budget increases by 2.68%.
- The budget will now proceed to the town funding bodies for review/approval.