Explorations of Environmental Science
Duration: 1 year
Environmental Science is a year-long course designed to show connections between a variety of science disciplines including earth science, biology, and chemistry. This course provides students a realistic picture of how interconnected we are to the environment. The aim of this course is to increase student’s knowledge of the environmental challenges of today, while developing scientific critical thinking skills.
Students will. . .
- Investigate the flow of energy and cycling of matter within an ecosystem and relate these events to human society
- Demonstrate an understanding that the Earth is one interconnected system
- Demonstrate stability and changes in ecosystems
- Understand and describe availability, allocation and conservation of energy and other resources
- Recognize that human beings are part of the global ecosystem and will evaluate the effects of human activities and technology on ecosystems
Environmental Science Pearson/AGS Globe