NCHS English Department - Ms. Pamela Genuario
Welcome to Sophomore English! This course will explore the complex interplay between individual identity and cultural influence. In order for our classroom to be successful, we need to work together to create a supportive and respectful environment in which we can all voice our opinions and share our writing freely. It is important to come prepared and ready to participate each day.
ESSENTIAL QUESTIONS: This year-long course will focus on the following questions:
- How can we understand the relationship between the individual and society?
- In what ways does experience inform identity?
- A supply of blue/black pens and pencils
- A folder with pockets for handouts and homework
- A spiral notebook
- An electronic device compliant with NCHS BYOD guidelines
- A book for Independent Reading
The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger
Lord of the Flies by William Goldman
Night by Elie Wiesel
Macbeth by William Shakespeare