To learn more about a career in the military: www.todaysmilitary.com www.myfuture.com
To register with the Selective Service: www.sss.gov
To explore individual branches of the service: www.airforce.com www.army.mil www.uscg.mil www.usmc.mil www.navy.mil
To learn more about the National Guard: www.1-800-go-guard.com
- Complete the application for nomination online and print.
- Essay- A 750-1000 word essay describing yourself, your goals and the reasons you would like to attend the academy.
- Official high school transcripts must arrive in a sealed envelope from the school counselor.
- Official SAT/ACT scores must be sent directly to the Congressman’s office, SAT code #3536.
- Three recommendations. May be written by teachers, principals, employers, clergy, neighbors, or other non-family members who can accurately comment upon the applicant’s character, abilities and potential for success in an academy environment. Each letter must be limited to one page.
- A recent wallet sized photograph of the applicant.
- Material submitted will not be returned to the applicant unless otherwise requested.
- After an application is completed, it must be returned to their office by the deadline date in November. Any application file that is not completed by this date will not be considered.
- SAT/ACT scores for the November test dates are the only materials accepted after the deadline.
- All materials should be submitted in one complete package.
- Soon after the completed application is received, applicants are sent a letter of acknowledgment.
- In mid-November applicants receive notification as to whether or not they have passed the initial screening.
- If you are included in this select group, you will be scheduled for an interview with the Congressman’s Service Academy Selection Committee on a weekend in early December.
- You will be informed of whether or not you have received the nomination by the end of December.
- This application process is challenging. If you have questions do not hesitate to contact the Congressman by phone, mail or email.
***The New Canaan Public Schools is not responsible for any information or content provided by websites beyond this site. ***