The Digital Learning and DTS Teams have worked to develop a procedure to review and process requests for digital resources that can be used to support teaching and learning. “Digital Resources” includes apps, websites, software or any web-based subscriptions.
Our goal is to support rigorous and creative teaching and learning through the use of technology in a responsible and timely manner, while also ensuring the safety and privacy of our learning community. In order to do this, we recognize that we need a process where these digital resources can be reviewed by staff.
Here is an overview of the process outlined further on the Review Process page:
- If you are interested in an app, web resource or software subscription, the first thing that you will do is check and see if it is on a list of software already purchased by the district. This list is found on the Reviewed Resources page. You will need this information to complete your request for review.
- After referencing the list, fill out the NCPS Digital Resource Request Form found on the Digital Resources Request Form page.
- Next, the process will follow one of two courses:
- Pre-approved Digital Resources: Will be deployed to the device within five school days.
- New Digital Resources: Will be evaluated by the Curriculum Coordinator/Department Chair, requesting teacher and building-based Technology Integrator (TI) in a collaborative effort to ensure curriculum alignment, student privacy and instructional rigor. For this purpose, the TI and teacher will be given a trial of the digital resource, when possible.
- If the digital resource is approved, the digital resource will be deployed to the requested device(s). Our goal is to complete this process within ten school days.